360° turnkey onboarding suite built on a smart service
SignD Identity was founded in 2019 in the Austrian capital and has now received a boost by securing new growth capital. SignD specializes in digital onboarding and KYC for banking and insurance companies, brokers, and the telecom and gaming industries. During this short time, several high-profile national and international customers have been acquired. The additional capital of the primeCROWD investor network is now being used to finance SignD’s international expansion.
SignD is a 360° turnkey onboarding suite built on a smart service framework, covering the entire customer onboarding process.
● Identification one-stop-shop – all aspects covered with one contract, one integration (biometric identification, database matching, address services, credit scoring, source of wealth, optical & NFC ID verification and face matching, liveness detections, sanction (terrorist) list checks (AML, CTF, PEP)
● Risk and background check services (device and non-PII identity checks, OSINT, dark web, largest data breach repository
● Open Banking (account information and payment initiation)
● Digital Identity - SignD`s next step is to enable consumers to have all data at hand (App) for repetitive registrations process (the end of repeating again and again the same steps)
● SignD integrated only best of breed providers into a flexible platform. Allowing to configure or adapt any onboarding case as seamless end-to-end customer process.
● One-Stop-Shop Onboarding Suite- Companies only need one supplier and SignD takes care of the rest
● Benefit from accelerated corona digitization
● Global scalability
● Strong international team of entrepreneurs from the areas of Payments, Gaming, and IT Project Management
→ raised 7 figure investment
→ connected into future market
→ fully digital round during COVID-19
“This new capital enables us to take a leap in product development and strengthen our international sales and marketing efforts, as well as grow our team”, said Bernhard Reiterer, Founder and CEO of SignD Identity GmbH. The group of investors comprises key members of the SignD team, well-known names such as Fritz Schweiger (Q Advisers), Felix Famira (former Jumio investor), Toni Moser, as well as several international partners eager to support SignD with their expert knowledge and extensive network.
Fritz Schweiger, Austrian entrepreneur and investor said: “I am convinced that SignD’s solutions have hit the market at exactly the right time. Companies are now actively seeking solutions to digitize their onboarding processes – and SignD enables them to do so without lengthy and costly IT projects.”
Digital proof-of-identity Increasing digitization, particularly during the Covid-19 lockdown, is shifting a large share of commercial activity and processes to the internet. Often an official proof-of-identity is a pre-requisite for doing business online, and there are strict regulatory standards for banking or telecommunication businesses. In addition, service providers and their customers have a legitimate need to know the identity of their counterparts. “Our investors are aware of the rapid increase in digitization, fostering their interest in SignD”, explained Martin Bechter, COO of primeCROWD. “Our network also invests in times of crisis. With Covid-19, we were quick to identify business models that stand to benefit from this increased digitization. As a potential crisis winner, SignD convinced our investors from the start”.
Current KYC methods are often awkward and frustrating for users and therefore lead to high bounce rates. In addition to a poor customer experience this can undermine significant marketing investment. With its seamless and compliant onboarding solution, SignD closes a gap in the digital onboarding process. The exclusive use of best-in-class technology, with full regulatory alignment, achieves superior conversion rates, all via a customer’s smartphone. “SignD offers a much sought-after KYC platform for businesses which enable them to onboard customers fast and fully compliant with all relevant regulations”, added Felix Famira, entrepreneur and investor. “What previously had to be conducted via a complicated manual combination of many different systems can now be implemented with a simple, aggregated, seamless solution from SignD”.
Year invested: 2020
Sector: Digital Economy
Deal Captain: Martin Bechter